In the course of the restoration of 1950, followed to the strafing, the church has been undressed of all its baroque ornaments that hided the original structure. The original medieval aspect, in fact, had been transformed in 1730 in the course of the works commissioned by the Carmelite father Cornacchioli who equipped the building of altars and ornaments of baroque art, covered the roof with wood ceiling and inserted three altars on each side.
Bell tower, of square base, is composed from a base and
three shelves. The base and the first shelf are going
back to the XII century; while the two overhanging shelves,
in which the bell cell is located, are of the XIV century.
The church is constituted from three aisles
supported from two series of nine columns with Ionic capital,
of which twelve are original built in onion marble and
six are rebuilt.
The columns are connected to some archs that support the walls with windows with one light on which the roof cover is located.
In the center of nave there is a marble floor in cosmatesca work. At the end of the three aisles there is the apse. The church was decorated with frescoes on the walls, in the apsidal zones and in crypt below below (we have only documentation about these frescoes). They represent an extremely important work that testimonies the evolution of the Latium painting in the XIII century and the relationships with Rome. On the walls there are two sacred frescos, the only original of the XII century: a scene of the Crocifissione and a scene of the Virgin with the Child and at the sides St.Peter and St.Paul . In this church, until 1641, was located the wooden group representing the Deposition of Christ (a valuable work of the Romanesque sculpture of the XII-XIII century) before that it was carried in the Cathedral of S.Lorenzo.