“Villa Gregoriana” Park, at the slopes of the acropolis, dominated by the two temples from II and III century b.C., was organized in 1834 under Pope Gregory XVI, after the diverting of the Aniene river that brought to the present order of the “great fall”…
Starting from May 12th 2005 the Villa has been opened to the public interested in enjoying its marvels.
Tivoli: anno di grazia 1826.
Tivoli: the year of grace 1826. A terrible flood made the waters of the Aniene river overflow its banks.
By Pope Gregory XVI's order the course of the Aniene was diverted in order to create an impressive waterfall, after a long wide tunnel.
An impressive complex of buildings which almost looks as if it is one with the surrounding rock...
Patrocinio Comune di Tivoli
Assessorato al Turismo