Kown since the ancient roman times, were defined by Strabo, Pliny the Elder "Aquae Albulae Sanctissimae" for their healing properties. They are still known by their original Roman name, "Acque Albule" (Albule Waters).
On the 19 March of 1863, Pope Pius IX (1792 - 1878), heard the report of the minister of Interior that wanted built a new thermal establishment, appreciating the healing properties of the waters, give to the Municipality of Tivoli the right to use them in perpetuity and 1.000 shields to begin the construction of the establishment.
An impressive complex of buildings which almost looks as if it is one with the surrounding rock...
Patrocinio Comune di Tivoli
Assessorato al Turismo